Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Protein Pancakes are the bomb!

I had never heard about protein pancakes until I stumbled across a recipe posted on a blog by Tenley from the Bachelor (Jake the Pilot's Season). I figured I would try it out and honestly as I was making it, I was convinced it would taste gross...but it was THE BEST PANCAKE I'VE EVER HAD! So here is the recipe, super easy, takes only five minutes.

*This recipe makes one pancake, which is enough because I could barely finish one since the protein filled me up so quickly.
**************************************************************

Tone It Up Protein Pancakes

Low Carb, Low Fat, Naturally Gluten Free, and Delicious!
Protein Pancake Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (organic rice protein or whey)
  • 1/2 banana (mashed)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbs flaxseed
  • Add a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries after the above ingredients are mixed together.
  • *Gfree Friends, make sure your protein powder is Gluten Free!
1) Mix all of the ingredients together until you have a pancakey batter.
2) Pour the batter into a pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray
(I use Pam)- heat on medium.  
3) Cook one side until you see the little bubbles… just like cooking any pancake! Flip over (careful!) and cook on the other size until the middle is done (peek inside with a fork).
4) Top with two sliced strawberries or slice the rest of your banana on top. 

You can also add powdered stevia (whatever that is).  If you need more carbohydrates, you may add 1-tbs agave on top.

***********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment