Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Weekend: Memorial Day

A three day weekend is always a good one! And another Saturday passed means another week closer to my race!!! This past weekend I was scheduled to run 11 miles for my long run. I planned to do it outside but it rained all day! So I had to go to the gym and run on the treadmill, I was planning on just seeing how long I would last and guess what?!?! Bam! I did it!

Such an accomplishment!!! I am so proud of myself that I've stuck to training and I just hope that when race day comes it all pays off! Speaking of race day, I got an email with all the info which excited me even more!! Only 11 more days!!!
I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, shopping and hanging with the boy. We were having a grand old time sending videos to my friend Ashlee while she was out of town.
Then on Memorial Day I went to see Dark Shadows with my mom and it was pretty good! All the actors were great and if you like the whole vampire, werewolf, ghost story line this movie is perfect for you! It was a little odd at times but overall I liked it!
Later that night Greg and I went to a BBQ to celebrate Jordan's birthday! Jordan is my good friend from high school, it's so nice to stay in touch with friends from back in the day. It was such a fun night! Swimming in their 90 degree pool and hot tubbing was perfect! Happy Birthday Jordy!!
2009
I hope you all had a great weekend! And I am thankful for the true meaning of Memorial Day, to remember those we have lost and those who have given their lives for us. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment