Thursday, February 24, 2011

Post-Workout Skinny Bagel Sandwich

So after you work out, if you're like me, all you want to do is dig into some mac and cheese. But you resist because your mind goes back to those two hours you just spent at the gym promising yourself you would never eat again. Well today I came up with a yummy recipe that satisfied my hunger and still made me feel healthy :)

Open Faced Skinny Bagel Sandwich 


  • 1 half (side) of a whole wheat bagel thin - my fav brand is above, any grocery store has them for cheap
  • 2 Tbs Whipped Cream Cheese
  • Sliced Turkey or Ham (4-6 pieces) 
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber

I like my bagels toasted so once the bagel is toasted (or not), smear some cream cheese on top. Next add about four slices of turkey and then place two or three slices of tomato and cucumber on top. Super simple! 
The best part is...it's under 200 calories!! It's 184 calories to be exact :)

I think it tastes good, hope you do! You can also add lettuce or sprouts, feel free to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment